Cape York Development
Investment offers exciting tax advantages, especially for SMSF co-owners
Energy consumed in your home or business (or where you gift energy to friends and family) may be tax free. (To be confirmed by ATO).
You only get taxed when selling energy to make a profit
Energy sold to cover related costs (such as set-up, connection and transmission charges), will also be tax free
SMSF co-owners should benefit from recent favourable court rulings
Development is well advanced
Project offers unique technological and co-ownership model
- First in Australia with integrated battery storage
- Smart supporting software incorporates additional grid enhancing features including excess storage, frequency regulation, system peak shaving and load following hedge
- Combination of these elements allows power station to fulfil the role of solar peaker plant
- Design is sensitive to local economic needs and to grid requirements. Local Government, State Government and Regulator have all indicated full support
- Unique co-ownership model via managed investment trust
- Consumer is also the generator, by-passing traditional energy market price constraints and access
What happens after Development Stage is complete?
Agreements are in place with EPC contractors and financiers to construct the facility.
Via a unit trust managed by Domacom (ASX:DCL), units of solar generation capacity will be sold to retail electricity customers or investors who will either use the energy or sell it via the Genius Energy trading platform.
DomaCom Australia Ltd (ABN 33 153 951 770 / AFS Licence 444365) is the product issuer. We have not taken your circumstances into account when preparing this content so it may not be applicable to the particular situation you are considering. You should consider your circumstances, our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and the Supplementary PDS (SPDS) before making any investment decision. You can access our PDS at http://www.domacom.com.au or by calling us. This information was prepared in good faith and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions. Past performance is not an indication of future performance.
Important Legal Notice – Offer not to persons outside Australia
The PDS does not constitute an offer or invitation in any place in which, or to any person to whom, it would not be lawful to make such an offer or invitation. This distribution of the PDS in jurisdictions outside of Australia may be restricted by law and persons who come into possession of this PDS should seek advice on and observe such restrictions. Any failure to comply with such restriction may constitute a violation of applicable securities laws. Applications from outside Australia may not be accepted through this PDS.